whatsapp second account contacts not showing

• Replies:12
Anthony Griffiths
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 6, 2024, 3:58:38 PM via Website

I have two whatsapp accounts on my android phone. the primary account is fine but the second account (for a second phone number) is not showing contact names. all I see is a list of phone numbers in the chats list. I've tried refreshing my contacts but no joy. checked app permissions and contacts is on. tried switching it off and on but no joy. deleted the account and added it back again no joy. I'm going mad googling and trying different things and hammering away at this for ages but can't get contact names to show in my second whatsapp account. the puzzling thing is they used to show but recently stopped. any help?

Palomino
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 9, 2024, 10:10:09 AM via Website

Check your WhatsApp permissions: Make sure that WhatsApp has access to your contacts. Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions and make sure that Contacts is enabled. I read a lot.

— modified on Jan 9, 2024, 3:15:11 PM

Helpful?
Anthony Griffiths

Jan 9, 2024, 12:16:08 PM via Website

yes I've done that already thanks but it made no difference

Helpful?
Bijutoha
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 10, 2024, 6:26:38 AM via Website

Clearing the cache of WhatsApp can help resolve various issues. Go to your phone's settings, find the "Apps" or "Applications" section, locate WhatsApp, and select "Storage." Tap on "Clear Cache" to remove temporary files that might be causing the problem.

Otherwise, Reinstall WhatsApp!

Helpful?
Anthony Griffiths

Jan 11, 2024, 2:18:48 AM via Website

thanks I did this. first I cleared the cache then the data and finally deleted my account and uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp as a second install. don't know if it works yet though because I wiped everything and have to wait for a message coming in to see if i can create a whatsapp contact and see if it shows the name and not the phone number.

Helpful?
O Apksites
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 11, 2024, 10:26:41 PM via Website

For the issue of contact names not showing in your second WhatsApp account:

1. Check Contact Permissions:

• Confirm that WhatsApp has permission to access contacts. Go to your device settings, find WhatsApp in the app permissions, and ensure it has access to contacts.
  2. Sync Contacts:

• Manually sync contacts within the WhatsApp settings. Navigate to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up now.
  3. Reinstall WhatsApp:

• Try reinstalling WhatsApp for the second account. Delete the app, reinstall it, and add the account back.
  4. Verify Contacts in Phone Book:

• Ensure that the contacts associated with your second number are saved correctly in your phone book. WhatsApp relies on your device's contacts for information.
  5. Check WhatsApp Account Sync:

• Verify that your second WhatsApp account is correctly syncing with the associated phone number and account details.
  6. Update WhatsApp:

• Make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp. Updates often include bug fixes that might address such issues.
  7. Device Restart:

• Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can resolve unexpected glitches. Try restarting your phone and check if contact names appear.
  8. WhatsApp Support:

• If the issue persists, contact WhatsApp support directly from within the app. They may provide specific assistance for your account.

Remember to back up your chats before reinstalling WhatsApp. If the problem persists after trying these steps, reaching out to WhatsApp support is recommended.

Helpful?
Anthony Griffiths

Jan 11, 2024, 10:31:45 PM via Website

thank you I haven't had any communications yet on my second WhatsApp account so im unable to check that until I do. id be grateful if someone here would be a guinea pig and send me a WhatsApp message if I pm my number to you

Helpful?
Billu Bansal
  • Forum posts: 18

Jan 29, 2024, 4:43:12 PM via Website

First of all clear your device's cache and the check. If this doesn't work uninstall the application and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp.

Helpful?
Appzoro_tech
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 29, 2024, 4:50:09 PM via Website

Fix 1: Reset WhatsApp Sync
Fix 2: Refresh WhatsApp Contacts
Fix 3: Allow WhatsApp to Access Your Contacts
Fix 4: Update WhatsApp
Fix 5: Clear WhatsApp Cache
Fix 6: Reinstall WhatsApp

Helpful?
Anthony Griffiths

Jan 29, 2024, 5:20:00 PM via Website

thank you but I've run into a brick wall on step one I can't find anywhere to 'reset WhatsApp sync' where is this setting?

Helpful?
janasmjho33
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 6, 2024, 8:52:01 AM via Website

I would recommend you to clear the cache and data of the WhatsApp app for the second account. If that doesn't work, ensure that your phone's contact list is properly synced and up-to-date. Check if the contacts are saved with the same phone number format as they appear in WhatsApp. If not, try editing them to match. Restart your phone after making changes. If the issue persists, consider reinstalling WhatsApp for the second account.

Helpful?
feeney2
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 26, 2024, 10:11:59 AM via Website

I'm experiencing an issue where contact names are not showing in my second WhatsApp account. I've already checked contact permissions, manually synced contacts, reinstalled WhatsApp, verified contacts in my phone book, checked WhatsApp account sync, updated WhatsApp, and restarted my device. However, the problem still persists. Are there any additional troubleshooting steps or alternative solutions you would recommend for resolving this issue?

— modified on Mar 27, 2024, 7:36:39 AM

Helpful?
Anthony Griffiths

Mar 28, 2024, 9:47:51 AM via Website

a reinstall doesn't work

Helpful?